Information for Residents

Giggleswick Parish Council is responsible for:

  • Harrison Playing Fields including:
    • Lower and Middle Fellings
    • Children’s Playground
  • War Memorial Plaques on the Memorial Bridge
  • Parish Council owned street lighting

Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority is responsible for:

  • All planning matters within the National Park
  • Rights of way within the National Park


Craven District Council is responsible for:

  • All planning matters (except within the National Park)
  • Rate Collection
  • Dog Warden
  • Environmental Health
  • Electoral Register
  • Pest Control
  • Refuse Collection
  • Street Cleaning
  • Litter Clearing
  • Grants to voluntary groups
  • Food & Workplace  Health & Safety
  • Housing Applications


North Yorkshire County Council is responsible for:


•    Adopted Paths and Highways
•    Cutting Grass Verges
•    Gritting and Snow Clearance
•    Adopted Lighting
•    Primary School
•    Settle College
•    School Transport
•    Trading Standards
•    Social Services
•    Public Transport Blue Badges
•    Cycle Routes
•    Animal Health
•    Signage
•    Gully Cleaning
•    Bus Passes
•    Memorial Bridge
•    Refuse Disposal

How to contact your parish councillor:

  • For an up to date list of parish councillors and contact details please contact the Parish Clerk by email at
  • Meetings are in the parish rooms at 7.30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of every month.
  • There is a dedicated time slot of 15 minutes at the start of every meeting for members of the public to raise matters with the council.

To report any of the following:

Anti social behaviour

  • Non emergency dial 101
  • Emergency dial 999

Dog fouling

  • Contact Craven District Council Dog Warden 01756 700600

Street lighting failures

Doctors’ Surgery

  • Telephone: 01729822611

Yorkshire Water Helpline

  • Yorkshire Water Telephone Helpline: 08001242424

Gas safety

  • Telephone: 0800111999

Loss of electricity supply

  • Loss of electricity supply telephone helpline: 08001954141 (or for hearing impaired: 08004589767)